Garlicky String Beans
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic or 3 garlic cubes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 dill cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place a large bowl of ice water next to the stove.
- Add half the green beans to the boiling water and cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the beans with a slotted spoon to the ice water to cool. Repeat with the remaining beans.
- Place a kitchen towel on a baking sheet and use a slotted spoon to transfer the beans from the ice water; blot dry with another towel.
- Just before serving, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans and stir.
- Add parsley, dill, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes.
Makes four servings
Count as: a fat by a meal, or skip the olive oil, and count as a free!