Yom Kippur is the day of atonement where we reflect on our past decisions. Some of those decisions include the choices we make on a daily basis regarding our own health. This Yom Kippur, cleanse yourself of your previous bad eating habits as well. Start with a clean slate for your healthier lifestyle that will benefit not only you and your health but others around you as well.. I hope the tips I’ve compiled will help you have a safe, easy and enlightening fast.
- Eat regularly throughout the day
- Drink extra water throughout the day
- Avoid salty foods such as sauerkraut, pickles, soy sauce, eggplant
- Avoid spicing your food
- You may have one extra serving of protein at dinner and one extra fruit
- Good fruits to eat before a fast include watermelon, grapes and pineapple
After the fast:
- Drink 2 cups of water
- This is your budget, preferably in this order but you may also switch the order if you wish:
- One complete approved meal
- Up to 3 fruits
- 1 snack
- 1 treat if needed
Remember, you can NOT make up all the calories of one day in a short time span.
Have an easy fast!
CLICK HERE for the PDF