Try this tonight – even your kids will love it
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- ½ cup cornflakes
- ½ cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs (or less, if all is not needed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Use a sharp knife to trim the fat from the chicken breasts and cut into tenders.
- Dip the chicken into almond milk and let soak for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Place corn flakes, seasoned breadcrumbs, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper into a small food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Place breadcrumbs mixture in a shallow pan; then dip each chicken piece into the breading mixture. Press down firmly so the breading sticks to the chicken.
- Use cooking spray to lightly oil the pan.
- Place the chicken on the pan; spray the top of the chicken well with cooking spray as well.
- Bake the chicken until done (about 30 minutes), flipping the chicken halfway through so they’re crispy on both sides.
- NOTE: The cooking time will depend on the thickness and size of your chicken pieces. The best way to check for doneness is to use a meat thermometer. The chicken will be done when it reaches 175º F.
Makes 3 servings. Add a salad and count each serving as a complete meal. Enjoy!
For the PDF version, CLICK HERE.