- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped to 1″ pieces
- 3 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small celery root, peeled and diced
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 1 cup almond milk (can omit)
- 5-6 cups water or more, to reach desired consistency
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh or dried minced rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper if desired
- 1 tablespoon honey
Crispy Parsley Garnish Ingredients:
- Half a bunch of parsley
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Generously spray with cooking spray. On one cookie sheet, place the diced carrots and parsnips. On the other cookie sheet, place the sweet potatoes, celery root and rutabaga.
- Place both sheets in the oven and roast vegetables until tender, around 45 minutes. The sheet with the carrots may be done first, so check once in a while.
- When all the vegetables have finished roasting, remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a blender or food processor. Add the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth and very velvety.
To Prepare Crispy Parsley Garnish:
- Clean and shred parsley.
- Heat a skillet and spray with cooking spray. Let parsley crisp in the pan until desired level of crispiness- but keep an eye on it, since it burns easily!
- To serve: Spoon soup into bowls and sprinkle with the crispy parsley. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or cayenne for extra color.
Makes 6 servings. Count each serving as a starch. (Remember, if you are having matzah by a meal, that counts as your starch)
CLICK HERE for the PDF