Ingredients for the doughnuts:
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoons agave syrup
1 cup apple butter
¾ cup almond milk
Ingredients for the glaze:
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 ½ tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly coat 28 mini doughnut cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare the doughnuts, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla extract, and agave syrup. Stir in the apple butter.
- Alternate between adding the flour mixture and almond milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. (For best results, add the flour mixture in 4 equal parts.)
- Transfer the batter to a large zip-topped plastic bag and cut off one corner.
- Pipe the batter into the prepared doughnut cups.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch. Cool in the doughnut cups for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Just before serving, prepare the glaze by stirring together the cocoa powder, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Dip each doughnut into the glaze and place it back onto the wire racks or a plate to let the glaze set.
Count 2-3 mini doughnuts as a snack, depending on your plan.
CLICK HERE for the PDF