Try this Baked Corn Dog recipe for a fun night around the campfire!
1 cup white whole wheat flour
¼ cup yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup almond milk or water
2 tablespoons honey
8 TAP hot dogs, cut in half
16 wooden sticks – popsicle sticks work nicely
Mustard & ketchup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and mustard.
- Mix in the olive oil until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the almond milk and honey until a dough forms – you can add more almond milk if needed.
- Place dough on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle some more whole wheat flour over the dough and top with another piece of parchment paper.
- Roll dough out until it’s about ¼ inch thick. Form a large rectangle and cut into 16 squares large enough to completely cover half a hot dog.
- Cut the hot dogs in half so that you have 16 pieces
- Push a wooden stick up the center of the cut end of each hot dog half.
- Wrap a square of dough around each dog sealing both ends and any open areas.
- Place corn dogs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup for dipping.
Makes 4 servings (4 mini corn dogs per serving)
Count each serving as a complete meal – don’t forget to add vegetables!
CLICK HERE for the PDF