These make for such a pretty and DELICIOUS addition to any Fall dinner table.
- ½ cup uncooked wild rice
- 4 mini pumpkins
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds or cashews
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint – optional
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine wild rice and enough water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the rice is cooked through and begins to “pop” the grain, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops off the pumpkins. Using a large spoon, scoop out seeds and strings. Place pumpkins upside down in a baking pan with 1/3 inch of water. Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully turn pumpkins upright and return to the oven until tender when pierced with a fork, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Combine the orange juice and honey, and pour over reserved rice. Add salt, pepper, almonds, orange zest and mint if desired. Stuff rice into pumpkins and serve.
Makes 4 servings. Count each serving as a starch. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF