Looking for something “free” to nosh?
Give this unique recipe a try!
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets or
- 1 pound bag of frozen cauliflower, defrosted
- 1 medium raw beet, quartered and sliced
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, peeled
For the pickling liquid:
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Mix the pickling liquid until salt is completely dissolved.
- In large, heat proof jars, layer the cauliflower, beets and garlic until the jars are packed, then pour the pickling liquid over it and seal.
- Leave on the counter overnight then refrigerate. The pickles will be ready after 3-4 days.
Makes 4 servings – count each serving as free.
Note: Avoid this recipe the day before your weigh in, as it can temporarily bloat you.
CLICK HERE for the PDF