Use this gravy and avoid that heavy, bloated, post-Thanksgiving feeling!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup dry wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons Earth Balance non-dairy butter
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 1 minute.
- Add thyme, salt and mushrooms, and sauté for about 8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned.
- Add wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook until gravy is reduced to about 2 cups (about 14 minutes).
- Whisk together flour and water in a small bowl.
- Add mixture to skillet; return to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter 1 tablespoon at a time and pepper.
Enjoy! Count 1-2 tablespoons as FREE
CLICK HERE for the PDF