- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cake meal (finely ground matza meal) – whole wheat preferred
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup applesauce or apple butter
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the blueberries with the water until the berries release their juice and the mixture has thickened a bit. Let cool.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the cooked blueberries. Mix well.
- Evenly fill each baking cup with the batter. Bake for 25–30 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins. Count each muffin as a snack.
CLICK HERE for the PDF