Break your fast with these slimmed down cinnamon buns!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium sized ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup powdered sugar or sugar substitute
- 1-3 tablespoons almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dough. Place the dough onto a floured, flat surface. Sprinkle the dough generously with flour and use a rolling pin to roll it out into a long rectangle (adding more flour as needed so the dough doesn’t stick to the rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed banana and coconut oil. Spread the mixture over the rolled out dough and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up the dough into a cinnamon roll shape and cut into 10 cinnamon buns.
- Place in a greased, round cake tin and bake for 10-14 minutes or until the top feels firm to the touch and the middle still seems gooey.
- While the cinnamon buns are baking, make your icing by combining the powdered sugar, almond milk and vanilla in a bowl. If you want a thicker icing, only use 1 tablespoon milk. Pour icing over warm cinnamon buns and serve.
Makes 10 cinnamon buns. Count each bun as a snack. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF