- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or less
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, almond milk and yogurt (or applesauce) into a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until well combined, smooth and creamy.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day.
Makes 24 mini muffins. Count 2 muffins as a snack.
For more delicious recipes and other nutritional articles, check out our blog!
CLICK HERE for the PDF