Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Adapted from www.skinnytaste.com
- 1-⅔ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1-½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- ½ cup good quality unsweetenedcocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (dissolved in a bit of water)
- ¾ cup zero calorie sugar(you can put sugar in food processor to make it extra fine)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Gradually add eggs, egg whites and coffee to the mixture and combine to make a dough (if dough is too dry add one more egg white).
- Divide the dough into two or three loaves.
- Place on the lined baking sheets and bake 20 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, gently cut the loaves on the angle into 1/2 inch slices (a serrated bread knife works well for this).
- Return to the baking sheets fitting as many as you can. You may need to do this in batches.
Bake the biscotti for another 3-4 minutes on each side. (less time if you like it softer)
Makes 24 servings- count 1-2 as a snack depending on your plan. ☕
CLICK HERE for the PDF