Apple Cobbler without the Guilt
- 4 cups Cortland apples peeled, cored and sliced about 1/4-inch thick (3-4 medium apples)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar Splenda packed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place sliced apples in a medium bowl. Drizzle with honey, then add cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir well to coat the apples.
- Transfer apples to a 9-inch x 13-inch (or 8-inch x12-inch) casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Combine with oil using a fork, until mixture resembles small peas.
- Add almond milk and stir until just combined.
- Pour the crumb mixture over the apples in the casserole dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar Splenda evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and set.
- Remove and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4-6 servings. Count each serving as a breakfast or as a snack + a fruit.
CLICK HERE for the PDF