Acai bowls are all the rage but too many add – ons can bring the calorie count on this delicious snack wayyyyy up.
Follow this recipe for… Acai perfection!
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
- 1 packet of acai powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (omit this if you are counting this recipe as a snack)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (for extra thickness)
- Topping: 1 teaspoon chopped almonds + ¼ cup raspberries or blueberries
- Add ingredients into a strong blender and blend briefly. Mixture should be super thick.
- Continue blending several more seconds until smooth; make sure not to over-blend as this will result in a runny mixture and you want this to be thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pour into a bowl, add topping and enjoy.
Count entire recipe as a breakfast or omit protein scoop and count as a fruit + a snack.
**Don’t have the time or ingredients? Just pop into one of our Nutrition by Tanya locations and grab one of our delicious TAP Acai Bowls.