Aside from the fact that most things on the barbecue taste DELICIOUS, there are some health benefits to pulling out those extra-large tongs and grilling up some yum!
1. When grilling, the fat drips off the meats, so you’re eating less fat.
2. Grilling holds on to the natural flavors of the foods, so you’re enjoying the true flavor.
3. Grilling your meat helps retain nutrients like riboflavin and thiamine, which are important to a healthy diet.
4. Vegetables on the grill retain more vitamins and minerals than when boiling or frying.
5. PLUS! Barbecuing is usually done outside and with company. This gives you a chance to be social, active, AND eat healthily.
Remember: Choose lean meats, low or no-calorie/fat marinades, and get creative with those vegetables!