Here are some tools to help you get through the first long Shabbos!
- Start the day later than usual so that the second snack is closer to the evening time.
- Buy a big salad like a “Bagels and Greens” type that takes a while to eat and will carry you through the afternoon.
- Make a big pan of grilled veggies using spray and spices. Keep them on the counter for munching.
- Take anything that’s allowed Friday night earlier and deduct from the meal. For example: a piece of chicken or your soup.
- Yummy low calorie drinks like Crystal Light.
- Lots of sugar free gum and candies.
- Leave the house, even for a short time.
- Have lots of cut up veggies and fruits around to munch.
- Take a nap.