Chanukah parties are at night so during the day there is no reason not to be on track.
During the day:
Right before the party:
Drink 2 full cups of water.
At the party:
- Buffet- Stick to the “one plate rule”.
- If you’re being served, it’s ok not to eat every course.
- Stay busy! So that you’ll be less likely to take something you shouldn’t.
- Bring a salad or a healthy dessert, maybe even flavored teas to sip slowly and change the flavor in your mouth.
Make a budget:
“Budget” BEFORE Chanukah starts so that you can have “controlled cheats”.
I usually say one donut and 3 latkes for the whole holiday.
Remember, the goal over the holiday is just to stay the same.
We don’t expect you to lose, just try not to gain.
Finally, a friendly reminder: There are donuts available all year so don’t worry about missing out!
- Allow yourself a donut!
- Donuts do not replace snacks.
- Blot the oil off the latkes and count it as a starch by that meal.
- Don’t go to parties hungry!
- Think about the different parties you will attend and pace yourself accordingly.
- Choose small portions of your favorite options.
- Once you have eaten, throw out your plate and move away from the food.
- Be the one who brings the veggie platter.
- Chanukah goodies are around all year, so don’t feel like you have to stuff your face just because it’s Chanukah.
- Treat yourself in moderation.
- Drink lots of water.
- Don’t overeat but if you do, get right back on track!
- Start eating a little later the day of the party so you don’t get there starving.
- Have a free soup or salad before you go.
- Ask the host what they’re serving and plan what you will have.
- Save your fruits for the night so u can eat them after.
CLICK HERE for the PDF