TIP: Drink water when you wake up
We all know that drinking water it vital to a healthy lifestyle however, it is also important to focus your intake at times. In order to start your day right, grab a glass or two!
It’s recommended to drink about 16 ounces of water after waking for several reasons (room temperature recommended):
- Hydration after having slept for several hours.
- It kicks your metabolism into first gear..
- Helps flush out toxins earlier in the day.
- Aids in digestion for the rest of the day.
- Lubricates your body so you function at a better capacity.
- Wakes up your body.
Add some lemon for some of these additional benefits:
- The vitamin C helps protect your immune system.
- Helps reduce joint and muscle pain.
- Provide electrolytes.
- Makes your water taste so much better!
So, good morning and happy drinking!