This one is for all the teenage, high school girls studying for finals these days (and nights). Studying often means munching on foods you shouldn’t be having, especially late at night. Here are some tips that will help you tackle finals munching.
1. Location is everything. Location as in WHERE you are studying. If possible, do NOT study in the kitchen. Find somewhere else so you’re not surrounded by food.
2. Timing is key. It’s much “safer” to study early in the morning than late at night when your defenses are down and you are exhausted. You will be much less likely to cheat on your plan at 6 am than you are at 1:30 am!
3. Some helpful ideas:
- Cut up a bunch of fruits and veggies and have those at eye level in the fridge or even at the table.
- Chew sugar-free gum or suck on sugar-free candy.
- Have some diet soda, diet iced tea, or coffee.
- Store some sugar-free popsicles in your freezer.
- Frozen blueberries and grapes make for a great munchies snack.
- Study on the beach. Even if it’s a bit chilly, it will keep you alert as you breathe in the fresh air.
- Have popcorn with some salt.
Good luck on your finals AND good luck staying on track!
CLICK HERE for the PDF