Super Bowl usually comes along with beer, lots of snacks and food. Since it is all about the strategies (pun intended), we have come up with a “game plan” that won’t make you feel like you’re missing out on all the fun.
- The most important thing is not to go to a Super Bowl party on an empty stomach!
- Make sure to eat satisfying meals throughout the day and don’t skip any meals or snacks.
- Water – drink plenty throughout the day.
- Make a menu plan for the party that is in sync with your food plan.
- Fill your plate with mostly salads and your main dish.
- If it’s a pizza party, save your ‘once a week’ pizza for then.
- Treat: Choose wisely (light beer can be a treat).
- Bring healthy food for yourself and for everyone else to share.
- Make a vegetable platter & set it up nicely with colorful veggies.
- Instead of snacking, have your fruits. A good idea is to make a smoothie and sip on that throughout the game.
- Have drinks like vitamin water zero instead of alcohol.
- If you are hosting the party here are some healthy Super Bowl foods you can make:
- Baked chips and avocado
- Grilled veggies
- Instead of BBQ sauce come up with your own sauce using ketchup or tomato sauce, spices and fresh herbs for flavor such as rosemary, parsley and basil.
Enjoy the game without the guilt!