Are you ready to barbecue?!
These skewers will be the hit at any summer gathering because they’re delicious and free on the plan!
- Carrots, cut into rounds
- Zucchini, cut into rounds
- Peppers (choose any- yellow, green, orange, red), cut into squares
- Mushrooms, whole if small or thickly sliced if big
- Onion (choose any- red, yellow, white), cut into squares (keeping the layers together)
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, whole or sliced in half
- Spices to taste- Choose from salt, pepper, sweet or hot paprika, Cajun seasoning, french fry seasoning, soy sauce, etc (this is where you get creative and can make different kinds in one shot)
- Start by soaking your wooden skewers in some warm water for up to 30 minutes. This step is so that the skewers don’t cook along with the food.
- Spray the veggies with cooking spray and sprinkle with seasoning or soak your veggies in whichever seasonings you’ve selected. Skewer the vegetable in a methodical manner, making sure to leave the tips exposed.
- Place the skewers on your preheated grill and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Turn them over and cook for about 5 minutes more or until desired tenderness is reached.
Count as free.
CLICK HERE for the PDF