An excellent take on the traditional honey cake!
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 2 ½ cups sweetener (Truvia, Stevia or Splenda)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup light orange juice (Golden Flow Lite Orange Juice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Beat egg whites with sweetener until stiff.
- Add yolks, flour, juice and baking powder to the mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Separate the batter into two, and add the rest of the ingredients to one half. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the honey batter into a 10” x 16” baking pan.
- Pour the second half of the batter, gently over the honey batter layer, and spread carefully. Do your best not to mix the two layers.
- Bake for 1 hour and set on a cooling rack. Once cool, divide into 15 pieces.
Count each piece as a snack or breakfast with a fruit.
CLICK HERE for the PDF