Want to up your breakfast game?
Give this Sweet Potato Sunny Side Up a try!
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 2 cups)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
2 cups fresh baby spinach
4 eggs, and 4-8 additional egg whites
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large cast iron pan.
- Add shredded sweet potatoes, garlic, and salt.
- Cook, covered, until potatoes are almost tender, 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach just until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- With the back of a spoon, make 4 wells in potato mixture. Add 1-2 egg whites and another egg in each well.
- Sprinkle eggs with pepper and add salt to taste.
- Cook, covered, on medium-low until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 5-7 minutes.
Makes 4 servings. Count each serving as a complete meal. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF