Make this separately, or see parts 1 & 2 for the full taco recipe!
This recipe is great to make on Sundays because you can use up all the leftover meat, chicken, deli meats, etc. from Shabbos but if you don’t have any leftovers, then making it fresh works great too.
1 onion diced
1 teaspoon oil
6 large pieces of chicken breast, cooked and seasoned however you like – this is your chance to use your leftovers (approximately one pound total)
10 slices of turkey breast cold cuts
1 1/2 cups of meat (any kind without bones works), seasoned and diced
3 tablespoons white wine
1/4 cup sugar-free barbecue sauce
- Add oil to the frying pan.
- When the oil is hot add the onions and wait until they turn translucent.
- Cut up the meat, chicken, and turkey. Add them to the frying pan and mix well.
- Add in the white wine and wait until the alcohol burns off, then add the barbeque sauce.
- Mix well then sauté for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If having this dish alone:
Makes 6-8 servings. Count each serving as a protein.
If having the full, 3 part recipe:
Toast several Pas Wraps (for those who are allowed starch on the plan) and spread the guacamole on top. Add on the meat, chicken mixture, and finally the purple cabbage slaw. Enjoy!
Makes 6-8 servings
Count each serving as a full meal. If having as a dinner, we recommend skipping the wraps.)
CLICK HERE for the PDF