- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 frozen garlic cubes, defrosted
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large pot, add water to cover potatoes and add a generous pinch of salt.
- Bring water to a boil and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and let cool enough to handle.
- On a baking sheet, drizzle potatoes with olive oil and garlic.
- Using the bottom of a small glass or mason jar, press down on potatoes to smash them into flat patties.
- Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake until the bottoms of potatoes are beginning to get brown – about 25 minutes.
Makes 4 servings. Count each serving as a starch and a fat. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF