Craving those meat pizzas all your friends have been ordering lately? Try this recipe out today – this one is just as good, but with half the calories of a normal serving!
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon olive oil
10 ounces pulled beef
2 tablespoons sugar-free BBQ sauce
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
1/4 red onion, diced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- Add flour, salt, water, and 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise to a food processor.
- Pulse 3-4 times until a dough begins to form with plenty of loose flour remaining.
- Dump the dough on a flat surface and bring the dough together completely with your hands.
- Press into a thin circle, about the same size as the bottom of a 10″ cast iron skillet.
- Heat a 10″ cast-iron skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the flattened pizza dough in the skillet. Cook for 4-6 minutes until you start to see some browning on the bottom of the crust. Crust will be somewhat thin, so be careful not to burn it.
- Add the other tablespoon of light mayonnaise on top of the crust. Then, spoon the bbq sauce on top, spreading gently. Add the pulled beef and diced vegetables
- After the pizza has been in the skillet around 10-12 minutes and is turning golden brown in spots, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges around the top of the pizza are golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the cooked pizza to a flat surface to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Makes 3-4 servings. Count each serving as a complete meal. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF