- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 ounces pulled beef
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free BBQ sauce
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1/4 red onion, diced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Add flour, salt, water, and one tablespoon of light mayonnaise to a food processor.
- Pulse 3-4 times until a dough begins to form with plenty of loose flour remaining.
- Dump the dough on a flat surface and bring the dough completely together with your hands.
- Press into a thin circle, about the same size as the bottom of a 10″ cast iron skillet.
- Heat a 10″ cast-iron skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the flattened pizza dough to the skillet. Cook for 4-6 minutes until you see some browning on the bottom of the crust. The crust will be somewhat thin, so be careful not to burn it.
- Add the other tablespoon of light mayonnaise on top of the crust. Then, spoon the bbq sauce on top, spreading gently. Add the pulled beef and diced vegetables.
- After the pizza has been in the skillet for around 10-12 minutes and is turning golden brown in spots, transfer the skillet to the oven, and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges around the top of the pizza are golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the cooked pizza to a flat surface to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
Makes 3-4 servings. Count each serving as a complete meal.
CLICK HERE for the PDF