Interested in trying something new?
Try this green smoothie for an easy way to get your greens in without even noticing.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby kale
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup low-fat milk or almond milk (replace with water if counting as a fruit)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine spinach, kale, celery, apple, pineapple, milk and ginger in a blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings. Count each serving as a snack or a treat. (Use water to count as a fruit)
CLICK HERE for the PDF