Here’s a great Melave Malka idea – and the portion control has been done for you!
Just make sure to split it with a friend!
4 lasagna noodles, broken into thirds
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 frozen garlic cubes
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the garlic cubes and cook, stirring occasionally for a minute more.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper into the pan.
- Stir in tomato sauce, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl and set aside.
To Assemble The Lasagna:
- Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce into the bottom of a lightly greased, small baking dish (6×6 or smaller).
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with noodles to fit the pan if needed.
- Top the noodles with the sauce, followed by the cheese mixture.
- Repeat these steps 2 more times until all the noodles, sauce, and cheese are used up.
- Place the baking dish on a large baking sheet to catch any spills and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until cheese on top has melted.
Makes 2 servings. Count each serving as a complete meal. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF