Comfort food without the extra calories!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can of black beans or beans of your choice (15 ounce can)
- 1 pack Tap Hot Dogs, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce – can use more if desired
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar or substitute
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Other seasonings to taste
- Place ground beef in a large saucepan with water and mash the beef with a masher to break apart.
- Stir in beans, hot dogs, tomato sauce, ketchup, chili powder, salt, black pepper, sugar and onion powder.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until the chili has thickened slightly and the beef is fully cooked, about 20-30 minutes.
Makes 6-8 Servings. Count each serving as a filling dinner protein!
CLICK HERE for the PDF