3 cups white whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 whipped egg whites
¼ cup sugar
½ cup zero-calorie sweetener
½ cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Approximately 1 cup sugar-free hamentashen filling (or use ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips)
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites with the ¼ cup of sugar and set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a third bowl, beat the coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract together.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the oil mixture, and then slowly add the flour mixture.
- Combine it all together to form a dough.
- Cover with plastic and let the dough rest for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Roll out and form the hamentashen. Fill with one of the filling options, using 1-2 teaspoons of filling per hamentashen.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes or until they look set.
Makes 20 servings. Count each serving as a snack. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF