It’s almost winter! Try this crockpot beef recipe that your whole family will love!
It’s comfort food without the extra calories.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2.5-3 pounds chuck roast
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 can of light beer (don’t worry, the alcohol cooks out)
- 2 cups of water or beef stock
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 bay leaves
- 8 ounces button mushrooms or 1 can of any mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Season the chuck all over with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef to the pan and sear until all sides are nicely browned, about 10 minutes total.
- Remove the beef from the pan and add the vinegar, onions, and beer to the pan, scraping up any bits that may cling to the bottom.
- Place the beef in the bottom of a crockpot, and pour the onions and beer over it.
- Add the water (or stock), soy sauce, and bay leaves; if the liquid doesn’t cover all or most of the beef, add a bit more beer.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 4).
- Add the mushrooms in the last hour of cooking.
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaves.
- Serve the beef with vegetables such as broccoli or cauliflower.
Makes 8 servings. Count each serving as a protein. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF