Quick & Delicious
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup chicken soup broth (or water)
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar Splenda
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mix the first 6 ingredients.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Stir fry broccoli in remaining olive oil until crisp/tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the green onions; cook just until tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan and heat through.
Makes 2 servings.
Count each serving as a protein and vegetable (don’t add a fat).
CLICK HERE for the PDF