Summer is here and that means its grill time! Save calories by using this recipe as a marinade or sauce for your barbecues- your taste buds and waistline will thank you.
- 2 cans of tomato paste (6 ounce cans)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup zero calorie sweetener such as Stevia or Splenda
- 1 tablespoon liquid hickory smoke
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 ½ cups water
- Put all ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Store the sauce in the fridge in an airtight container. It will keep for about a week.
Makes 6-8 servings. Count each serving as free! Enjoy!