4 large apples
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Core and slightly hollow out the apples with a spoon, leaving the apples intact to create a well for the filling. Place the apples in a pie pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, applesauce, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and optional lemon zest.
- Fill and top each apple with the oats mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the sides of the apples are soft and easily pierced with a knife.
Makes 4 servings. Each apple is a serving.
Count each serving as: 1 fruit plus a treat or 1 fruit plus half a snack.
CLICK HERE for the PDF