If 1 tablespoon of dip isn’t doing the trick…
Try this recipe instead!
Easy, low calorie Baba Ganoush recipe!
- 1 large eggplant, roughly a pound
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Paprika for garnish (optional but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the eggplant into steaks or like you would tomato slices, about 1 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with salt and let sit in a colander for 15 minutes to release some of the liquids.
- Pat dry with a paper towel (don’t rinse).
- Spray with canola oil and place on a silicone mat.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, then let cool.
- Remove the skin from the eggplant then add the eggplant and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor, and process together until well combined.
Makes 2 servings – count each serving as a fat or as your 1 tablespoon of dip at a Shabbos meal.
Note: Eggplant can bloat you – avoid this recipe the day before a weigh-in.
CLICK HERE for the PDF