It’s Barbecue season! Try this Marinated Steak!
1.5 pounds of shoulder or flank steak
1 cup sugar-free teriyaki sauce
1 cup Diet Coke
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon hot sauce – optional
Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly score both sides of steak in a crisscross pattern. Place steak in a large ziplock bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, Diet Coke, onion, garlic, vinegar and hot sauce (if you are using it), whisking well to combine.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of marinade for later. Pour rest of the marinade over the steak in the ziplock bag; seal bag and turn over a few times to thoroughly coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Let steak and marinade sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Remove steak from bag.
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Place steak on a preheated barbecue grill and grill for 6 minutes on medium heat. Turn steak, brush with reserved marinade and broil for 6 minutes more. Steak will be medium rare.
- Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes. Carve steak into thin slices and serve.
Makes 5 servings. Count each serving as a protein. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF