For those of you that don’t eat food bought outside the home, finding the right snacks for Pesach can be tricky.
Try this easy, homemade ice cream!
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil or any oil that you are allowed to use on Pesach
- 2 medium ripe bananas – sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Heat oil over low heat.
- Add the bananas, flat side down, and caramelize for several minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the bananas and caramelize on the other side as well, keeping a close eye to make sure they don’t burn.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for several minutes.
- Scoop into a container and freeze for several hours.
- Break apart the frozen caramelized bananas and place in a blender with the nut butter and almond milk. Puree until very smooth and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings. Count each serving as a snack + 1 fruit. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE for the PDF