Before the fast:
- Eat regularly throughout the day
- Drink extra water throughout the day
- Avoid salty foods such as sauerkraut, pickles, soy sauce, eggplant
- Avoid spicing your food
- You may have one extra serving of protein at dinner and one extra fruit
- Good fruits to eat before a fast include watermelon, grapes and pineapple
After the fast:
- Drink 2 cups of water
- This is your budget, preferably in this order but you may also switch the order if you wish:
One complete approved meal
Up to 3 fruits
1 treat if needed
Remember, you can NOT make up all the calories of one day in a short time span.
Have an easy fast!