Delicious, comforting and perfect for your Thanksgiving table! Apples and cranberries topped with oats, nuts and the flavor of brown sugar are baked to a crisp in the oven and served warm. Now this is my kind of comfort food!
For the filling
- 3 cups (about 4) gala apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- Cooking spray
For the topping
- ¾ cup dry quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine apples and cranberries along with the rest of the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into baking dish and even out with a spoon.
- In another bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over apple/cranberry mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings. Count each serving as a snack + a fruit.
CLICK HERE for the PDF