- 1 cup low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp zero calorie sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Nonstick cooking oil spray, for frying
- Combine all ingredients, except the non-stick oil in a food processor.
- Process the mixture for about 45 seconds, pausing a couple of times to scrape the sides, until the mixture forms a thick batter.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Use a spoon to scoop up the batter, then pour it onto the hot pan in the size/shape of silver dollar pancakes.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
- Spread it out into a thin circle after it hits the skillet.
- Heat the latkes for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown.
- Test the first latke for doneness and make sure it’s cooked all the way through; if the latkes are browning faster than they’re cooking, reduce heat.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 8 latkes.
Count 2 as: a complete breakfast or lunch, just add a fruit or vegetables.