Ok don’t laugh, but did you know that charoses makes a great snack?! For those of you that are willing to try it beyond the seder, this recipe is for you!
- 4 Cortland apples
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons sugar substitute, or less if desired
- 1 cup semi sweet red wine of your choice
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- Shred the apples to desired consistency.
- Transfer the apples to a large bowl. Add the chopped nuts, sugar substitute, wine and cinnamon.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Leftovers will last until the end of Chol Hamoed!
Makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each. Count each serving as a snack + a fruit. Enjoy, especially the wine 😉
For the PDF, CLICK HERE