Try something unique for dinner tonight!
2-2.5 cups riced cauliflower
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons marinara sauce
3 ounces part- skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 large egg, beaten
¼ cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Spray a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower, salt and marinara sauce, and cook 6 minutes on medium heat until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and add mozzarella cheese. Stir and allow to sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Spray ¼ cup measuring cup with cooking spray and fill with cauliflower mixture. Use a small spoon to scoop into your palm and roll into a ball. Set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining cauliflower, making 6 balls.
- Place the beaten egg in one bowl and the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another.
- Dip the balls into the egg and then the crumbs, and transfer onto baking sheet. Spray everything generously with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Makes 2 servings (3 balls each). Count each serving as a complete meal.
Don’t forget to add a salad!
CLICK HERE for the PDF