Yes you can have mozzarella sticks on our plan!
- Cooking spray
- 8 toothpicks
- 4 reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese sticks, halved
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to broil setting and spray a small baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Insert toothpick vertically into each cheese stick, half to mid-way point. Beat egg in a small bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate small bowl and toss with Italian Seasoning.
- Dip each cheese stick into egg, then press into bread crumbs. Repeat dipping in egg and breadcrumbs for a double-thick coating. Place cheese sticks on prepared baking sheet and spray with additional cooking spray for uniform browning.
- Broil in preheated oven until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Allow cheese sticks to set before serving, about 1 minute.
Makes 2-3 Servings. Count each serving as a meal – add a salad to make sure you are full!
CLICK HERE for the PDF